Innovation is the application of existing technologies in new and exciting ways. KMC is applying our innovation expertise and adding value to the fields of healthcare, agriculture, animal science, and more. See how KMC can partner with you.
For over 40 years, KMC Systems has partnered with leading and emerging medical device companies to design, develop, and manufacture world-class in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) instrumentation. Our customers leverage our IVD expertise to bring state-of-the-art platforms, therapeutic delivery systems, high-volume laboratory automation instruments, and point-of-care devices to market.
IVD Product Highlights:
Automated Clinical Chemistry Analyzer
- Automated analyzer for the detection and quantification of blood chemistries, one of the first centrifugal random-access chemical analyzers to reach the market.
Automated Walk-Away Molecular Diagnostic System
- Automated nucleic acid probe amplification technology for the detection of infectious diseases. The system conducts automated functions, such as closed-tube sampling, reagent delivery, magnetic separation and washing. The instrument also automates thermally controlled amplification and hybridization and chemiluminescence detection.
Electrophoresis Molecular Diagnostic System
- Automates the testing of donor platelets for bacterial contamination, using non-amplified, direct-hybridization technology for the detection of bacterial RNA.
Point-of-Care Cell Analysis System
- Fully automated, battery-powered point-of-care instrument that processes and analyzes whole blood samples from a disposable micro fluidic cartridge.
Semi-Automated Molecular Diagnostic System
- Automates a patented DNA-probe technology for the direct quantification of viral nucleic acids, with several complex components. Automated features included plate washing, thermally controlled hybridization, and fluorescence signal detection.